What Is The Best Way To Use a Weed Grinder? – Our Beginners Guide
If you are a beginner smoker, the thought of using a weed grinder can be a little complicated to some people who haven’t used one before.
But knowing how to do the grinding process is essential so as you can get the most out of your type of weed and enjoy your cannabis plant.
Using a weed grinder is pretty easy, you simply need to load your grinder up with your marijuana plant and rotate until it’s small enough for rolling.
So to help you out and understand some more about grinders along with how to use them, we have put together short beginners guide about these marijuana grinders below.
What Is a Weed Grinder & Why Use One?
A weed grinder is similar to other herb grinders and is used to break up the material of your type of cannabis in this case, into smaller pieces, this is done by the metal teeth of the grinder which you rotate.
Not only does using a weed grinder allow you to have a better smoking experience by improving how you can roll your weed, as it fits better on to the rolling paper, but it saves you time too than using an alternative grinder or your hands.
Weed grinders in comparison to other types of grinders also have perks such as keif catchers will allow you to catch the ground cannabis plant and use the powder for other things such as baking.
Overall, a weed grinder will allow you to get perfectly ground weed every time, saves you mess and time and allow you to have an amazing experience smoking your weed.
How To Use a Basic Weed Grinder
If it’s your first time using a weed grinder you might be wondering if there are any grinder tips to getting perfectly ground weed, and while there are no special hacks as grinders are fairly simple to use, we have a step by step guide below that will tell you how to use your grinder for the first time.
- Step One – Take the lid off your weed grinder and load it up into the top section of the product where the metal teeth are, never put weed into the middle of your grinder as this is where it pivots and the buds will not grind. Make sure to break the buds apart with your fingers first.
- Step Two – Once your grinder is loaded, place the lid back on top and rotate the top of the grinder while holding the bottom steady, keep rotating several times until you don’t feel any more resistance.
- Step Three – After rotating the grinder you can now give it a tap, this will encourage any more cannabis that has got stuck to fall through the kief, basically ensuring you get the most out of your buds, be careful of the mesh screens depending on the type of grinder that you have.
- Step Four – Separate the collection chamber from the grinding teeth bowl and you will have your ground weed, you will also find the kief from your plant which can be used to make cannabis oil or even cannabis cookies in baking.
Different Types Of Weed Grinder
When looking into how to use a weed grinder, this might mean you are looking into buying one too, and believe it or not, there are a few different types of weed grinders to choose from on the market that has different advantages and disadvantages with extra chambers and various materials.
To help you understand the varied types of weed grinders you can find on the market, we have listed a few below.
You might see some wooden beautiful weed grinder options on the market, but don’t be fooled how this rustic grinder device looks, as when it comes to grinding your weed, they do a very poor job, often only consisting of a lid and bottom and used metal nail type teeth to grind which are not efficient for most large buds of weed.
These wooden grinders don’t often come with a grinder compartment for the keif from ground cannabis bud too, meaning you will miss out on trichomes which is the best part of the ganja grounds.
Acrylic grinders are found at most shops and use plastic teeth to grind your weed, most people don’t prefer these grinders as the plastic is brittle, gets sticky quickly and loses its edge over time.
Metal grinders are the most efficient type of grinder on the market, they always come with plenty of teeth and are tough grinders for even the thickest of buds you are smoking.
These types of well-made grinder models are also very durable, meaning they can get dropped and moved around and be less likely to break than wood plastic grinders.
There are three different types of metal grinders on the market which come with different amounts of chambers according to what you want.
We have explained in further detail below.
- 2-piece grinder – Two-piece grinder designs are very compact and great to move around with due to their little size, these grinders only have a lid and a cannabis grinder compartment with no keif chamber. This is often the cheapest grinder type on the market too.
- 3-piece grinder – Three-piece grinder models allow you to keep all your grinder pieces without you have to worry about losing any as there is an extra compartment to catch them at the bottom, still there is no keif sieve, but this type of 3-chamber grinder works better to empty your newly ground weed.
- 4-piece grinder – A four-piece grinder is the best model of all as it comes with a place to catch your keif from the ground marijuana, allowing you to get the most from the ground bud.
Is It Legal To Own a Weed Grinder In The UK?
Owning a weed grinder in the UK is not illegal unless you are using it to grind weed, without evidence, you could just be using a weed grinder as a standard herb grinder.
Having a weed grinder with ground weed inside is illegal and you can be prosecuted by the police potentially unless it is medical marijuana.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Use a Weed Grinder
How do I clean a sticky grinder?
Cleaning your grinder is fairly simple and will need to be done now and then to maintain it, this can be done with either isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, some people also suggest putting the grinder in the freezer.
Can I use a herb grinder as a weed grinder?
Yes, a herb grinder might not work as well as a cannabis grinder would but will help you grind down your weed to a smaller size.
Overall, using a weed grinder is simple and easy to do, even for beginners, just ensure you get the best grinder possible, preferably made out of metal with a compartment from keif so as you can get the most out of your marijuana.
- 1 What Is The Best Way To Use a Weed Grinder? – Our Beginners Guide