Best Manual Coffee Grinder
Best Metal Manual Coffee Grinder
Best Ceramic Manual Coffee Grinder
Best Manual Coffee Grinder
Best Metal Manual Coffee Grinder
Best Ceramic Manual Coffee Grinder
Manual Home Coffee Grinders – Top 3 To Buy
Hand burr grinders (or manual grinders) are the ideal appliance for coffee lovers who refuse to compromise on quality. A hand burr grinder is generally smaller than conventional coffee grinders, and it gets its name from the fact that you will manually grind the coffee beans. These manual grinders tend to be portable, so you can take them to the office or even on holiday! When buying a hand burr grinder there are a few things you need to consider before making your purchase.
- Size and weight. If you want to travel with your hand burr grinder, you’re going to need something that’s light weight and won’t take up loads of space, so it’s important to keep an eye on the specs and make sure your grinder won’t hold you back. If, on the other hand, you’re only planning on grinding in your home you may want to buy a larger, more authentic looking appliance.
- Hand burr grinders can be made out of all sorts of things, but if you want something durable that’s going to last you should think about investing in ceramic or stainless steel. Not only do these materials look great and give your kitchen a more professional touch, but they are also easier to clean and far less likely to break than some other materials.
- You’ll want a hand burr grinder that will continue to produce quality results no matter if you’re in your kitchen, in the office or camping somewhere off the beaten track. It’s also worth investing in something that can grind to different consistencies so you have more of a choice.
- Whenever you’re buying an appliance, it’s worth ensuring you have a warranty that will cover you for any damages that are not your fault. This should include replacing a faulty machine if it arrives broken or if it breaks very easily, and should also cover accidents. It’s also worth going for products that have warranties because that shows the manufacturer has faith that the product will last. If the grinder you’re looking at doesn’t have a warranty, that may be because it’s a flimsier model that is likely to break.
- As with most items, it is better to invest in a manual coffee grinder that’s going to last rather then spend less initially but end up having to replace the appliance every few months.
We know that shopping for manual grinders can be a bit of a chore, so we’ve compiled a list of the five best hand burr grinders that can be bought online.
Hario Acrylic Grinder Ceramic Burrs Review – Our Number 1
This is an attractive, light weight and dependable grinder (VIEW PRICE HERE!) that is perfect for coffee connoisseurs. Some of the Hario Acrylic Coffee Grinders best features can be found below.
- The Hario Coffee Grinder is made out of ceramic, which is one of the best and most durable materials you could choose for a manual coffee grinder.
- The Hario brand has been creating appliances for almost 100 years, so you can rest assure the manufacturer has a strong reputation and a history of quality products.
- This hand burr grinder is portable and light weight, making it the ideal coffee grinder for holidays.
- The Hario grinder has a sleek and attractive exterior with a see through acrylic lid, which lets you watch while you grind so you can make sure you achieve the consistency you want.
- One of the Hario Acrylic grinders best features is that it uses one-handed grinding, which not only makes the grinding motion very easy but also lets you multi-task while you grind!
- This grinder has a capacity of 40 grams and can be used to grind pretty much any kind of coffee bean.
- The entire grinder can be washed after use so you don’t have to worry about residue, and it is also very easy to store away when not being used.
- This portable grinder is popular with consumers and has achieved a 4.6 star rating on Amazon. Customers praise the ceramic burrs, which ensures you don’t end up with uneven ground coffee with some bits finely ground and others largely untouched. Users recommend this product based on it’s superior suction (the thing that holds the grinder in place whilst it is being used), how easy it is to use and how attractive the design is.
Features: Attractive design with see-through lid, ceramic material, portable and light weight, easy to use and wash, recommended by customers, respected and long lasting manufacturer.
Cafe de Tiamo Review – Number 2
This is a fancy looking and long lasting manual coffee grinder that would look great in any kitchen, whether it be your home kitchen, your office or a camper van. Here are some of Cafe de Tiamo’s best features.
- This coffee grinder is make out of stainless steel with ceramic conical burrs. Both of these materials are very durable, and the Cafe de Tiamo hand grinder has a really attractive stainless steel exterior that makes it look classy and timeless.
- The Cafe de Tiamo coffee grinder has a non slippery base made out of silicon and rubber. This will stop the grinder from moving around when it is being used.
- Cafe de Tiamo has a large capacity of 140 grammes per serving. This grinder is a little larger than some of the others on this list, but that does mean it can hold more coffee beans.
- You can adjust the grinding burrs on this machine so it can produce the perfect grind for various drinks.
- You don’t need to worry about maintaining the Cafe de Tiamo grinder, because it comes with a free cleaning brush.
- Cafe de Tiamo has received positive reviews from users and has an impressive score of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.
- Customers have found this grinder easy to use and have been impressed with the results, but some people complained that there is no instructions manual included in the purchase and some found that the grinder was a little smaller than expected.
Features: Durable material, non slippery base, large capacity, adjustable burrs, easy to clean, positive reviews.
Pricing: Mid range.
Hario Medium Glass Grinder – Ceramic Review – Number 3
This is a great entry level grinder that is perfect for those new to coffee grinding or for people who want great results for an affordable price. Read on for some of the Hario Medium glass Coffee Grinders best features.
- This Hario coffee grinder has a heat-proof glass container with ceramic burrs. You need to be a bit more careful with glass than some other materials as it can break quite easily, but it does mean this grinder has an attractive see through exterior. The Ceramic burrs are durable and unlikely to break.
- The glass container is dishwasher safe, and all parts of the grinder can be washed with water.
- This grinder may not be as adjustable as some of the others on this list, but it is very affordable and ideal for beginners.
- Hario glass coffee grinder is very easy to use and adjust, you simply have to turn the grind adjustment handle clockwise for a fine grind or anti clockwise for a more coarse finish.
- This grinder comes with a silicon lid to protect your beans from spilling everywhere, and an anti slip base so the grinder doesn’t move around when being used.
- Hario is a well known Japanese company that has been in operation since the 20s. Therefore this is a reliable brand with a reputation to uphold, and you can trust them to deliver quality products.
- The Hario glass grinder generally receives positive reviews and currently has a 4.4 out of 5* rating on Amazon. Customers praise the grinders beautiful exterior and how great it is for beginners as it is easy to use and easy to figure out.
Features: Glass container and ceramic burrs, dishwasher safe, protective lid and anti slip base, well known respected brand, favourable reviews.
Ritual Hand Ceramic Burr Grinder Review – Number 4
- Ritual Hand coffee grinder is made out of stainless steel, so not only is this a durable material that will help ensure your grinder lasts for a long time, but the stainless steel material is designed to be tasteless so you don’t end up tasting the grinder in your cups of coffee.
- This is a professional looking and attractive black coffee grinder that looks a lot fancier than it’s price tag.
- This grinders ergonomic design is intended to make the grinding process as comfortable and easy as possible. The Ritual Hand grinder is also large enough to make a whole pot of coffee, but small enough to hold in your hand as you grind.
- Ritual Hand’s are so sure of their design that they are offering a lifetime guarantee on this grinder, so if it breaks at any time you will be able to get it replaced quickly and easily.
- The Ritual Hand grinder tends to receive positive reviews, and it currently has a 4.3 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.
- Whilst some customers found the Ritual Hand takes a bit longer to grind coffee beans when compared to other models, others praise the grinder and commend its high quality coffee and easy-to-use design.
Features: Durable material, ergonomic design, lifetime guarantee
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Review – Number 5
- The Hario MSS-1B is made out of ceramic material, which is not only durable but won’t rust later down the road.
- This grinder has a slim frame and is easy to store after use. If you don’t have much space the grinders handle can also be removed to make more room.
- It is easy to dismantle, clean and reassemble this grinder after use, and the listing on Amazon includes a handy how-to video that shows you how to use and clean the appliance.
- Hario MSS-1B is very easy to use. To control how fine or coarse your beans turn out simple turn the knob right for a smooth consistency and left for a coarser result.
- This grinder has a professional and polished design that will make your kitchen look like a mini bistro. It has a black ceramic container and a shiny silver base.
- As you can probably remember from the previous listings, Hario is a respected and long lasting Japanese brand.
- The Hario MSS-1B generally has favourable reviews, with a current rating of 4.3 on Amazon. Customers have praised how easy the grinder is to use, the quality practical build and attractive exterior, although some people have had problems with faulty models.
Features: Ceramic material, slim frame and easy to store, easy to clean, respected brand, attractive design.
All these coffee grinders will do a good job, but the best spot has to go to the Hario Acrylic Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs. Not only is this the most attractive grinder on our list, but it is made out of durable material, it is portable and lightweight (and therefore ideal for travelling), it is easy to use and has the double protection of a silicon lid and rubber base.
- 0.1 Best Manual Coffee Grinder
- 0.2 Best Metal Manual Coffee Grinder
- 0.3 Best Ceramic Manual Coffee Grinder
- 0.4 Best Manual Coffee Grinder
- 0.5 Best Metal Manual Coffee Grinder
- 0.6 Best Ceramic Manual Coffee Grinder
- 1 Manual Home Coffee Grinders – Top 3 To Buy